Mile High Airport...
Ever spent 10hrs in an airport? You get delirious and start thinking crazy. Like "good job I didn't check my luggage...I have clothes and my bathroom bag. I could stay here a couple of days."
Monday was a CF. I knew when I left San Antonio that my Denver/Sacramento flight was canceled, but I didn't press them to find me another sure-bet route, and nobody seemed to think it necessary to find another option either. So, I went to Denver. Should have only been there 1hr until my flight left. They said it was "an air-traffic issue (weather related)". Stand-by didn't work for me, and the flight that I was booked on for later in the afternoon was canceled. I waited in line (with about 200 others) for an hour and a half to talk to an agent. While in line, I talked to a United CSR that was able to book me on another flight so when I got to the counter all she had to do was print my boarding passes. Success at last.
I went to the bathroom just to give myself something to do. I bought (and read) two magazines. I had two meals there, and could have had a third but was too anxious to just get out of there.
When I finally got to Los Angeles (yeah, still 300 miles from home), the travel gods were smiling on me. A flight to Sacramento was boarding right then. And they had room for me! Next to the guy that weighed at least 450lbs. I didn't care. I just wanted to be home. Thankfully, he was chatty and we talked it up for the hour-long ride.
A long day when you get up in San Antonio at 4:20 a.m. cst, and don't get in your house until 10:50 p.m. pst. Then there was e-mail to check, and a quick glance through the mail.
It's good to be home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home