Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Not only is tomorrow a new day, it's a New Year...

Whoopee!!

I hate New Year's Eve, so this evening will be spent like so many other evenings... There is laundry in both machines, and I have this sick desire to set up the ironing board and work on the pile that just last week was a good one to have cuz it hid presents that were to be from Santa! I'm still looking for those eff'n iTunes cards...maybe I'll find them in the ironing basket!

Looking back a 2008, a year that went by waaaaaaay too quickly, there were some changes for the good. Maybe not "changes" so much as "evolution" (like quitting the soccer club that I co-found). I spent less time on the internet, yet there still seems to be so much that was left undone (so maybe sitting at the computer isn't really a problem??? ;-) ). Maybe because I filled up all that time with more "things" to do. "Things" that don't directly benefit my family, and I'm trying to figure out how they directly benefit me. Course, the answer to that is that I'm carrying a heavy bag that allows other people's kids to play youth football and cheer and I am getting SOMETHING out of it, but I'm not convinced it's what I "need". I'm planning my escape from that. I would very much like to spend my evenings home from work and my weekends NOT dealing with all things "football/cheer". I didn't sit by the pool this summer and get caught up on my magazines nearly enough. We didn't have people over for dinner and swimming this summer hardly at all. I didn't make sure we, as a family, did stuff together, although we did have a spontaneous afternoon at the casinos in So. Lake Tahoe. Once.

I finally had my friggin' foot operated on. Now to get it to heal. Feeling like walking in the 'hood, playing tennis, or even going up to a mountain lake having a picnic and going for a hike, is something I very much look forward to.

I've gone nearly 7 days with the kitchen island mostly free of debris. Kitchen table and counter-tops too. Feels good. Looking at the coffee table, I need to get that flat surface involved in the clutter-free plan.

I haven't been good at e-mailing friends this year, but now that I have a Facebook account, it's nice to "see" them just for a snapshot of what they're doing that day! I need to be better about posting the mundane...maybe someone wants to see what a dull life I lead too!

My work schedule has decreased to two days a week. That will be good. Full-time job, plus previously mentioned football/cheer full-time job (with no pay), really cut in to my free time. Of course the consequence is that my walkin' around money is severely impacted, but I think the trade-off will be worth it.

Over-all, 2008 was a good year. It had it's ups and downs, lots of deaths earlier in the year and one at the end (all family of friends of ours). One girlfriend had a breast cancer scare, one just finished radiation treatment, and my cousin is gearing up for her treatment plan. Three people, that close to me, really make you stop and take a look at how you're living your life. And then you realize that so much is absolutely out of your hands, so you just press on.

So, I'll go switch out the laundry and get that ironing board up.

Happy Fuckin' New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home