Brokeback Mountain...
I finally saw this movie today. I took my mom, and before we got to the theater, I asked her if she knew the premise of it. She didn't, so I explained what I knew to her. We walked out of there without being able to really talk about it cuz we were still trying to wrap our brains around it. We went to Taco Bell for lunch, and trying to have a conversation about whatever-came-up was rather difficult. I was distracted, to say the least! I just wanted to take in bits of the movie and dwell on it. I need to see it again. Maybe I'll never be able to articulate what I feel about it, but it sure did get me to thinking. I'm thinking about the "what if's", the regrets, the having to live a lie because what you feel in your heart isn't socially acceptable...even in 2006, but certainly not in 1963 to 1978 and beyond (the time span of the movie).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home